Joseph’s practice began in-house and he has represented and advised clients on a wide variety of matters that businesses face, including employment law, governance, transactions, and dispute resolution. He has worked closely with executives, board members, company founders, and employees at every level. His clients have ranged from the well-established family business, to the fast-paced technology startup, and others in between.
Joseph has negotiated drafted technology contracts, licensing agreements, and service agreements, some of which had seven-figure values. He has also negotiated and drafted asset purchase agreements, membership purchase agreements, and governing documents of varying complexities and for various industries.
No stranger to conflict, he has helped his clients manage and resolve disputes involving employees, shareholders, vendors, and other third parties. While considering litigation a last resort to resolve conflicts, he has both managed litigation and made court appearances on behalf of his clients. He has successfully argued at the Colorado Court of Appeals, and assisted clients through mediation and arbitration.
When it comes to sensitive personnel issues, Joseph acts with professionalism and fairness. He has conducted many internal investigations for his clients, and helped companies enhance their employee trainings and policies to promote a safe and healthy work environment. Joseph also has experience dealing with exited employees to protect his clients’ trade secrets and confidential information.
Joseph is a fifth generation Coloradan. He lives in Littleton with his wife and two kids. Between law school and beginning his practice, Joseph spent three years in formation as a monk at St. Benedict’s Abbey in Atchison, Kansas. At the same time, he taught undergraduate courses as Business Organizational Law, International Business Law, and The First Amendment: Religion Clauses.
- Board of Commissioners, Littleton Urban Renewal Authority, 2018-present
- Civic Life and Law Committee, Benedictine College, 2019-present
- Board of Advisors, Zoology Foundation, 2017-present
- Emerging Leaders Group Committee, Association of Corporate Counsel, 2018-2019
- Board of Directors, Colorado Restaurant Association – Metro Chapter, 2015-2016
- Colorado Bar Association, 2017-present
- Catholic Lawyers Guild of Colorado, 2017-present
- Association of Corporate Counsel, 2017-2019
- State of Colorado
- State of Kansas
- US. District Court for the District of Colorado
- University of St. Thomas School of Law (Minneapolis, MN), J.D., 2012, cum laude
- Dean’s Scholar
- John R. Roach Fellow
- 2014 Mission Award
- Benedictine College (Atchison, KS), B.A., 2009, cum laude