direct: 720 974 9422
Ms. Nies is a partner at the Denver law firm of Hoffman Nies Dave & Meyer LLP. Nicole represents clients in a variety of real estate acquisition, disposition and leasing transactions (residential and commercial), as well as real estate finance transactions. Additionally, she handles business and corporate transactions, including entity formation, corporate structuring and governance, business management, contractual arrangements, mergers and acquisitions/dispositions.
Ms. Nies has substantial experience advising clients in connection with the formation, management and acquisition/disposition of their businesses. She also represents lenders, borrowers, developers, owners and investors in a variety of real estate and other business transactions. She regularly negotiates purchases and sales of commercial, industrial and high-end residential properties. She counsels tenants and landlords in the preparation, review and negotiation of industrial, retail and office leases, as well as build-to-suit transactions. Ms. Nies also has extensive experience negotiating and drafting contracts on behalf of business, real estate and banking clients. Additionally, Ms. Nies represents lenders and borrowers in connection with commercial and consumer loan transactions, as well as credit workouts – advising both lenders and borrowers in connection with loan transactions, modifications, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, foreclosures, receiverships and similar actions.
Ms. Nies was recognized in Super Lawyers Magazine as a 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Rising Star, and as a Super Lawyer in 2018, 2019 and 2020, all in the area of Real Estate Law. Nicole served a seven-year term on the Executive Council of the Real Estate Section for the Colorado Bar Association, which included serving as the Secretary, Vice Chairperson and Chairperson of the Executive Council.
- Hoffman Nies Dave & Meyer LLP (formerly Hoffman, Crews, Nies, Waggener & Foster LLP), Partner 2013 – Present
- Mastin Hoffman & Crews LLC, Partner 2012 – 2013
- Rothgerber Johnson & Lyons LLP (n/k/a Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP), Partner 2002 – 2011
- Juris Doctor, University of Kansas School of Law, emphasis in tax, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, Kansas State University, 1998, Summa Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa
SCHOLARLY LECTURES AND WRITINGS
- Organizer and Moderator, 34th Annual Real Estate Symposium, July 21 – 23, 2016
- Speaker, “2015 Legislative Updates” – 33rd Annual Real Estate Symposium, July 16, 2015
- Speaker, “Fundamentals of Financing: Negotiating Loan Documents from Lender and Borrower Perspectives” – 32nd Annual Real Estate Symposium, July 11, 2014.
- Speaker, "Conservation Easements – Lessons Learned and What's Ahead" – 29th Annual Real Estate Symposium, July 15, 2011
- Speaker, "Hot Topics for Realtors " - Colorado REALTORS Land Institute Seminar, July 17, 2009, Home Valuation Code of Conduct, Broker Price Opinions, Lofgren and Johnson Families Carbon and Monoxide Safety Act
- Speaker, "Title Review Training Program" – Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. (Legal and Land Rights Departments), October 22, 2009
- Speaker, "Conservation Easements Under Audit – The New Range War on Colorado Conservation Easements" – RJ&L Webinar, June 27, 2007
- Speaker, "Conservation Easements" – Independent Brokers of Colorado, April 14, 2005
- Speaker, "Conservation Easements" – Republican River Water Conservancy District, August 17, 2004
- Article, RESPA Section 9 Violations Cause Concern Among Brokers/Title Industry Professionals (Summer, 2011) - RJ&L Broker Bulletin
- Article, Tax Reporting in Connection With Loan Deficiencies (Spring, 2011) - RJ&L Real Estate Construction and Land Update
- Article, Commercial Deed-in-Lieu Transactions on the Rise (Spring, 2010) - R&L Real Estate Construction and Land Update
- Article, Broker Compliance With Carbon Monoxide Safety Act (Fall, 2009) - RJ&L Broker Bulletin
- Article, Avoiding the Perils of a Short Sale (Spring, 2009) - RJ&L Real Estate Construction and Land Update
- Article, New Short Sale Addendum Provides Broker Protection (Spring 2008) - RJ&L Broker Bulletin