We assist our clients in developing estate plans to preserve their assets by minimizing estate taxes and to ensure that testamentary transfers are made according to their wishes. Our firm assists clients with the preparation of both simple and sophisticated estate documents. These include durable financial powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney, living wills, revocable trusts, wills, IDGTs, ILITs, GRATs, CRTs and QPRTs.
Specific matters we can assist with include the following:
- Advise individuals and families concerning estate and gift tax planning, the disposition of assets and transfer of wealth at death, and the management and preservation of assets in the event of incapacity.
- Structure custom estate plans based upon individual needs and objectives to protect assets and ensure distribution in accordance with client’s wishes, while minimizing tax consequences.
- Work cooperatively with the client’s existing team of other professionals including accountants, life insurance representatives, financial planners, and investment advisers to achieve the client’s objectives.
- Assist clients with annual gift planning and implementation of their philanthropic objectives.
- Assist with gift and estate tax audits and appeals.
- Assist clients to define and achieve their philanthropic objectives by forming charitable entities.
- Assist with succession planning for family-owned and other closely-held businesses, farms, ranches, and similar investments.
- Provide integrated and comprehensive planning in the areas of business, corporate and taxation law.